No new inning will start after 70 minutes if the HOME team is ahead. You will finish the inning you are in or 5 innings for 8u, 5 innings for 10u and 6 innings for 13u and 18u.
Both teams must bat at least 70 minutes regardless of score. The only exception is if the ASA run rule comes in effect or innings are achieved. (EXAMPLE) 65 minutes has expired in the game the offensive team will complete the remaining 5 minutes at bat. After the batter has completed her turn at 70 minutes the game is over. "ONLY EXCEPTION" is if home team is DOWN less than six (6) runs. (No New Innings after 70 minutes, Finish the Inning)
The UMPIRE will announce to both teams the official start time.
* It is the HOME team's responsibility to log this time down.
* The HOME team will keep the official book.
* The VISITING team kept the scoreboard.
* Regular season games that are TIED after the time limit has expired ends in a TIE.
* Throughout all age groups all players on the team must have ONE AT BAT. REGARDLESS OF TIME LIMIT.
* A Pre-Game conference at Home Plate with both Head Coach and Umpire where specific age rules will be discussed prior to the start of the game.
* No Player can sit out more than 1 consecutive inning.
* There is a Six (6) run rule per inning per team.
* Minimum Number of Players you can start with is Seven (7) but can finish with Six (6).
ASA RUN RULE: 12 AFTER 3, 10 AFTER 4 and 8 AFTER 5 INNINGS OF PLAY.
* Metal cleats can be worn in HS ONLY.
*No player can sit out more than 1 consecutive inning.
*Coaches remember complaining about balls and
strikes are off limits and can result in immediate
ejection. Also remember we are modeling behavior
for our children.
*Coaches please take advantage of courtesy
runners for your catchers, so that they may get
geared up and we can get the next inning started
promptly. In my experience these kids lose at the
very least one inning a game because we can’t get
back on the field.
MS will follow KHSAA/ASA rule book for all standards except the following:
* No metal cleats are permitted. If metal cleats are found to be worn the player will be asked to remove the metal cleats and return to the game with either rubber cleats or gym shoes. If the player is unable to return to the game with proper foot attire, their turn at bat will be an AUTOMATIC OUT.
10U will follow the ASA rule book for all standards except the following.
* Pitching mound is 35 feet (Pitchers and coach pitchers must pitch from the mound).
* No coaches are allowed on the field unless coaching 1st or 3rd base or pitching. No coaches allowed on field during defense.
* The pitcher will pitch until she gets a four (4) ball count on her by the umpire. The OFFENSIVE team coach pitcher comes in taking over the count for strikes on the batter. The coach pitcher gets three (3) pitches to complete the batters at bat turn. In the event of a foul tip or batter is hit by the ball on the last pitch the batter can continue batting until she strikes out or hits the ball in fair territory. if the batter has two (2) strikes on her and swings and misses a COACH pitched ball the batter is OUT. The UMPIRE will be calling strikes on the COACH pitcher when the BATTER swings and misses. Coach pitchers are NOT permitted to coach/ instruct the batter at any time. The Coach pitchers will be given one (1) warning, if they coach/instruct from the mound. The second warning will result in the Coach pitcher being replaced for the remainder of the game.
* There is no stealing or bunting when a coach pitcher is on the mound.
Example 1: (for coach pitches): The batter has four (4) ball and two (2 Strikes. The offensive team coach pitcher comes into pitch. With two (2) strikes the umpire will be required to be in position to call the next pitch. If this pitch is swung at by the batter, the UMPIRE will call the batter OUT for three (3) strikes.
Example 2: (for coach pitches): The batter has four (4) balls and Zero (O) strikes. The offensive team coach pitcher comes in to pitch. The offensive team coach pitcher has three (3) pitches to throw. If the last pitch is fouled, the batter will continue to bat until (A) hits the ball in fair territory, (B) a strike is called by the umpire, or it was the third pitch by the coach.
* Pitching mound is 35 feet
Coach pitchers must pitch from the mound. One foot must remain in contact with the pitching plate during the release of the ball to the batter. The coach Pitcher will have five (5) pitches per batter. At no point can a baserunner/s steal or leadoff the bag until the ball is over/passes home plate.. The baserunner/s will be called out if they leave the bag early.. Swinging strikes will be called out, if the last pitch is fouled the batter will continue to bat until (A) strikes out or (B) the ball is hit in fair territory.
Runner Advancement/ Stop Play (Either)
* Runners can continue to run bases until one of the above two scenario happens.
* Defense will play with a (10) person field. Four (4) outfielders, Pitcher, Catcher, 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base and a Shortstop.
5U will follow all ASA rules for all standards except the following.
* Coach pitchers will pitch three (3) pitches to the batter. The coach pitcher can pitch from where he/she feels comfortable for each batter. If the batter does not hit the ball off the Coach pitcher, the batter will then hit off the batting tee until the ball is hit in fair territory. No bunting.
* Leading off the bag or stealing is NOT permitted at any time during the game
* The defensive team may have up to two (2) coaches in the infield to help with
the defensive players.
* The offensive team may have a coach near the catcher to assist the catcher in retrieving the ball back to the pitcher and may also assist the batter with batting.
* The inning is over after all batters in the lineup have batted. The last batter
runs all the way home just for fun. No outs/score is kept in 5u.
* If base runner is put out on the base, they are out and returns to the dugout.
* The game is over after both teams have batted through the lineup twice or the 30 minute time limit.